Large integers from C

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu Feb 21 15:46:46 EST 2002

[John Machin]
> So why not grab the source of _PyLong_FromByteArray() from the 2.2
> distribution and put in your own code?

That's what I'd do.  Do note the leading underscore:  C functions in the
core whose names begin with a leading underscore are deliberately
undocumented in the manuals, and nothing about them (not even their
existence) is guaranteed across releases.  They're internal implementation
details, not part of the public C API.  Use of them is entirely at your own
risk.