string substitutions

Sheila King usenet at thinkspot.net
Sat Feb 23 17:33:24 EST 2002

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002 16:20:54 -0500, "Mike C. Fletcher"
<mcfletch at geocities.com> wrote in comp.lang.python in article
<mailman.1014499369.29333.python-list at python.org>:

>  >>> import string
>  >>> data = 'this\n\nthose\n\n\nthem\ntheir\nthose'
>  >>> string.join(filter( None, string.split( data, '\n')), '\n')
> 'this\nthose\nthem\ntheir\nthose'
>  >>>

Thanks for the suggestion. I really should have thought of that myself.
But there are so many different aspects to this script that I'm working
on, that sometimes something simple like this, I just want to "get done"
and work on the other "harder" stuff.

Your method is much better. I happen to be working on this script right
now, and will incorporate this change.

Thanks for the suggestion,

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/

"When introducing your puppy to an adult cat,
restrain the puppy, not the cat." -- Gwen Bailey,
_The Perfect Puppy: How to Raise a Well-behaved Dog_