pythonwin using COM import pythoncom error

mylinuxboxroot aries at bitstream.net
Sat Feb 23 04:14:14 EST 2002

Hey Pythonaholics,

Heres my situation on trying to use COM.

after installing the python ver 2.0 from the book core
 python programming, then installed the pythonwin
 from the same CD area.

I wanted to monkey around with the COM stuff and my
first attempt went badly when I typed this

>>> import pythoncom
Traceback (innermost last):
ImportError: DLL load failed: A device attached to the
 system is not functioning.

---- so then I looked in the python-install log files
and found this:
RegDB Val: C:\Python20\win32\Help\Python Win32 Extensions.hlp
RegDB Root: 2
File Copy: C:\Python20\win32\Help\Python Win32 Extensions.fts
File Overwrite: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSVCIRT.DLL
Date/Time: Following file not copied.
File Overwrite: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSVCRT.DLL
Made Dir: C:\Python20\win32\demos
File Copy: C:\Python20\win32\demos\cerapi.py
.....etc

--the file that not copied MSVCIRT.DLL
I see 2 diff files here MSVCIRT.DLL, MSVCRT.DLL

what should I do ????
how can I get this file onto my system  ?????
is this my problem then when I try to import pythoncom ????

sega,
Joe F.