wxPython book

Michael Robin me at mikerobin.com
Thu Feb 7 16:08:14 EST 2002

"Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote in message news:<T%u88.94053>
> The thing I find most frustrating (and have just aded a FAQ question about
> on the Wiki) is the lack of a connection between my intuition and the way
> sizers work. I have licensed a copy of wxDesigner just to try and get over
> this hurdle, but dammit I *still* can't put interfaces together that work
> the way I expect them to under window resizing.

I have the same problem. It doesn't help that wxDesigner does sizers
but doesn't do anchors via layout constraints - and Boa does anchors
but doesn't do sizers, so you can't really experiment/maintain at the
designer level with one tool. (Is it true that anchors are going away?
- I remember seeing in the wx pages that they were being deprecated.
They seem to be simple and give predictable results vis-a-vis heavily
nested sizers.)

On a related note, can a wxPython/wxDesigner user help me with the
below?
(Will crosssend to wxpython-users at lists.wxwindows.org.)

thanks,
mike

I can't seem to find the wxDesigner tool
to turn on parameter 2 ('option') for wxAddwindow to
make the item stretchable along the sizer axis.

For example, change:
    item0.AddWindow( item4, 0, ...)
    item0.AddWindow( item4, 1, ...)

Also, if anyone has any hints/tips on using wxdesigner in practice,
I'd appreciate it. me at mikerobin.com