ActiveState version of 2.2???

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Thu Feb 28 13:48:28 EST 2002

Mark Hammond wrote:

> Jeff Shannon wrote:
> > For me, the big advantage of ActiveState's is that it
>  > automatically registers all of the COM and Active Scripting
>  > stuff, which I've been using fairly extensively, but it's not
>  > *that* difficult to do this manually.
>
> The win32all installers also do this, and have for quite some time now
> (years).  Do you get any error messages at install time?

Hm, the first time I installed Python (BeOpen 2.0, about a year ago), I
seem to remember having to run a couple of registration scripts in order
to get active scripting to work.  (I don't recall any error messages, but
it's been a while.)  Since then, I've just been using ActiveState's, since
it was easier to get a single download.  Haven't tried 2.2 + win32all
myself, yet, so...  maybe I should.  :)

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International