sorting

Jeff McComas jmackd1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 09:22:10 EST 2002

As a newbie i find the python scripting language very interesting and useful.
I am trying to write a script that will search a .txt file and have the script
tell me how many of the same numbers are in the .txt file. I know you can do
it with the f.count command but my problem is how can you do an input that
makes the numbers strings? Or puts double quotes and a comma around a number?
This is what a raw input from a .txt file looks like:

34.6        25        78        89.2       45.7
23          92        47        20         85
56          78        23        49         92

out of that how can i pull out the numbers that are the same, say 78 = 2

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeff McComas
Austin, TX