JAR equivalent in Gordon McMillan's Installer

Jacob Smullyan smulloni at bracknell.smullyan.org
Fri Feb 22 18:49:53 EST 2002

Along similar lines, I'm currently developing a product archive format
for SkunkWeb which uses Gordon McMillan's iu.py.  I first attempted to
use imputil.py and ran into serious problems -- iu.py really saved the
day.  I recommend it; either it should become part of the core, or
PythonLabs should bite the bullet and rewrite the import mechanism
with a much higher degree of generality, so that weird import hooks
won't be necessary any longer.

Jacob Smullyan | smulloni at smullyan.org
http://www.smullyan.org/smulloni/