running a COM server in Python

Mark Barclay markabarclay at mediaone.net
Mon Feb 25 14:16:02 EST 2002

I have succeded in getting a COM server implemented in Python, so that
it can be instantiated by a COM client., thanks to ActivePython's
excellent groundwork.

I'm wondering if it is also possible to create an application in Python
that acts as a COM server but can be already running before teh COM
client attempts to attach to it. This is how Excel behaves. If Excel is
already running when a COM client attempts to attach to it. This is the
bahaviour I want.

Can anyone give me a pointer towasr how to get similar functionality?