Help: I want a chat script!

Flavian Hardcastle deathtospam43423 at altavista.com
Mon Feb 11 16:03:09 EST 2002

only at example.com wrote in
news:oNz98.2509$q95.1624800457 at newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

> Okay... you're a little confused about where the data from your form is
> going. The data will not be STORED in script.cgi ...  script.cgi is
> supposed to be a program (in this case, a python program) that processes
> all of the VARIABLES (e.g. name, etc) from your form. Take a look at the
> tutorial Devshed has and you will begin to understand how cgi works.
>
> http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/Python/CGI/page1.html
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanx! You hit the nail right on the head. I was under the false impression
that the script was merely some sort of blank file that the browser
deposits raw data into.

I will work through that tutorial. If I have any more trouble I'll post em
here if that's ok.

--
"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether
a man is wise by his questions."  Naguib Mahfouz

netvegetable at dingoblue.net.au