Guido wins FSF Award

Timothy Rue threeseas at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 17 17:06:20 EST 2002

On 17-Feb-02 14:52:55 Emile van Sebille <emile at fenx.com> wrote:
>Complete re-posts smell like spam.

Show me that you know what spam is rather than using the word to insinuate
a negative. Hell, for that matter, show me that you know what a "complete
re-post" is. So far, I have no evidence that you know either.

>I have no doubt that your nine steps can be super-imposed on everything.

Good, that's a big step in the right direction!!!!

>However, as long as the deep magic involved in converting these steps
>into things people want done is kept as magic, let Aahz's quote reign:

>"This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it
>intersects with useful practice."  Aahz Maruch on c.l.py

I'd have to say you took two steps backward in "converting  these steps
into things people want done" as this suggest that you have no idea what
you said above that caused you to take a big step forward.

As these steps don't covert into what people want done, but rather are
used to automate conversion of abstract programming languages into the
programs the user then uses to do, or are used by the user to automate
what they have done, so that they can do it again and again in a simpler
manner.

As you apparently subconsciously recognized, to be able to super-impose
these steps onto what you do, specifically thru computers, means you can
identify the automation control points, and define them in a manner to
automate what you super-imposed them upon.

I'm not stopping you or anyone from converting verified physical reality
into the environment of computing where they can be used by anyone and
everyone that wants to make use of them. And I'm not going to be so
arrogant as to assume I know what people want done, but I do know that
what ever it is they want done, it can be mapped using the nine action
constants in a manner that allows it to be automated, should they so chose
to do it more than once. This is really no different than knowing the
elements of mathmatics, regardless of what people want to calculate, can
be used to calculate whatever people want to mathmatically calculate.

There is no theory or even as you say "magic". But if you think there is
some magic then I suppose you really are not much of a programmer but more
likely an exdotcomer. What there is is just plain logic.

As a matter of fact I've done nothing but put forth effort to help by
identifying and defining these nine action constants in terms of computer
functionality descriptions.

I suspect the difficulity you have in comprehending this is as a result
of your simply not wanting to see it. And that is your choice. Or perhaps
as indicated above, you are simply trying to preceive these nine actions
as a replacement for programming languages (as some here have recently
insinuated - are you so weak minded to follow such error?). These nine
actions don't replace programming languages but rather allow you to
automate the use of them. Consider super-imposing the nine steps (actually
not steps but actions that can be done in any sequence order and even
repeated each as needed) on some common and often repeated coding you do
manually, even if there is some variation in it. So long as you can
super-impose the action set then you can automate it's use or application,
even dynamicly. And once you do it, you can if you want, make the
automation available for other to use/benefit from, as they can do the
same for you. Certainly automating such certainly wantingly repeatable
things as do's, don't's and standard of a given language use is something
everyone using the language would benefit from. And once you automate its
use, no more bug typos in what is done right once, and then automated in
applying it.

There is no magic to any of this and there need not be any magic or
complexity beyond the typical user/consumer available resources to use an
autocoding tool set to do program creation for themselves.

In fact it's the software industries defined job to make things easier for
the consumer. But I suppose there is some magical reason why they don't
ever quite do it, huh?

Now why would I be doing all of this? Which answer would you want, world,
group or self? Lets' try self!

So I can Do the things I need to get done without having to reinvent what
so many have already invented and reinvented. Where in return I can return
the favor of making automations I create available for other to build
upon.

Is that a bad thing? Does that make me the nut or fool others want to make
me out to be? Or are their actions and words against me only exposure of
their self limiting greed?

Do you have a problem with automating the use of Python and doing so by
using Python to create the automation tool?

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:timrue at mindspring.com      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<