OT again... is there an IMAP expert in the house?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Feb 7 08:48:45 EST 2002

"Chris Gonnerman" <chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net> wrote in ...
[ ... ]

> It would be easier for me if I had time to grok IMAP like I do SMTP and
> POP3.
> This is my first painful exposure.

Grokking IMAP would take a very long time indeed. Life's too short if there
are other ways to achieve your ends ;-)

I just had a reviewer complain that my book mentions that IMAP is superior
to POP3 but then doesn't cover IMAP. While the reviewer complained that I
lamented the lack of space to cover it, it really *would* have taken too
long to thoroughly explain IMAP, which uses a complex on-line mail reading
model understood by relatively few.

regards
 Steve
--
Consulting, training, speaking: http://www.holdenweb.com/
Author, Python Web Programming: http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/

"This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it
intersects with useful practice."  Aahz Maruch on c.l.py