BLT Setup and Installation

Howard Lightstone howard at eegsoftware.com
Thu Feb 21 12:18:01 EST 2002

"Alves, Carlos Alberto - Coelce" <calves at coelce.com.br> wrote in
news:mailman.1014305575.22017.python-list at python.org:

> Hi all,
> How can I install and setup the BLT extentions to tcl/tk to use in my
> python programs.
> I have downloaded the Pmw and BLT packages (binaries forms) and unzip
> them into C:\Python21 and C:\Python21\tcl. But when try the following
> code, it crashs:
>
> from Tkinter import *
> import Pmw
> root=Tk()
> g=Pmw.Blt.Graph(root)
> Here, the system raise and error and say that "::blt::graph" commands
> not found, when callig Tk/tcl.
>
> I'm running Python2.1 under Windows98, wich it's installed at
> C:\Python21

I just had to do this myself for Python2.0.1 but it's the same----

BLT asks for the path where TCL is installed on the machine.

I changed that to match the Python tcl path (c:\pythonxx\tcl) and
completed the installation.

Then I copied the BLT 2.4 directory from ----tcl\lib
                                    to   ----tcl\tcl8.3

Copy the blt24.dll from --tcl\bin to \windows\system.

This worked even when I installed python in a different place.