ANN: PyChecker 0.8.9
neal at metaslash.com
Sat Feb 2 19:24:05 CET 2002
A new version of PyChecker is available. This is mostly a bug fix release.
PyChecker is a tool for finding bugs in python source code.
It finds problems that are typically caught by a compiler for less
dynamic languages, like C and C++. It is similar to lint.
Comments, criticisms, new ideas, and other feedback is welcome.
Changes from 0.8.8 to 0.8.9:
* Add -3/--properties warning when using properties with classic classes
* Add more warnings for statements with no effect
* Fix crash due to import module problems
* Fix crash with nested scopes
* Fix spurious warnings about module attributes and importing
* Fix spurious warnings in Python 2.2 when using builtin classes (eg, socket)
* Fix spurious warning for format string problem when using % at module scope
* Fix spurious warning for implicit returns when doing while 1:
* Fix spurious warning for inconsistent return types
when objects are subclasses
* Don't warn about inconsistent return types from __getattr[ibute]__
* Always assume readline module is used if input/raw_input is used
PyChecker is available on Source Forge:
Web page: http://pychecker.sourceforge.net/
Project page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pychecker/
pychecker at metaslash.com
More information about the Python-list