photo id ?!?!

Hernan M. Foffani hfoffani at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 07:26:17 EST 2002

"Andrew Dalke" escribió ...

> ... about photo-id requierement...

In all conferences I assisted, in Latin America and
Europe, goverment issued ids were requiered only to
check credit card ownership. When I had the registration
prepaid a business card was enough. Actually it was
prefered because they sell (or give to expositors) the
info afterwards.

The worst case I had happened me a few day ago.
easycar.com wanted me to show before picking up the car:
- Valid credit card
- Goverment issued id (with photo)
- Driver license
- Any form (like telephone bill) where I can prove the
address given, if differs from what is stated in the id.
- And they even took a photo of myself with a web cam!
All that for a Class A Mercedes! Come on! Now, if I
were to rent a Ferrari I'd ask myself to do a blood
test, ADN and retine scans! :-)

I agree with Andrew that when paying cash at the desk
or in advanced registration a business card should
suffice.

Regards,
-Hernan