Twisted Selector

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Feb 7 09:40:49 EST 2002

"Lee Harr" <missive at frontiernet.net> wrote ...
> >> I am looking at this Twisted tutorial:
> >> http://twistedmatrix.com/page.epy/philosophy.html
> >> and having trouble with the very first code.
> >>
> > Moshe? Glyph?
> >

> Is anyone else using this Twisted thing?
> It looks cool to me, but I can't fix it :(

I'm copying this to Moshe, because I think he and Glyph should take a look
at the ViPEr software that was described at Python 10 (in fact it was the
subject of the winning paper). This is a visual programming environment. I
foresee that it could be extrememly useful in allowing network software to
be constructed by coupling twisted components together.

Moshe and Glyph described the Twisted environment at about ninety miles an
hour. I suspect the project needs someone who thinks a bit more slowly to
work on the documentation ;-) Like many open source projects that are
"on-ramps to the information superhgway [yawn]", there's more interest and
fun in building the stuff than in stopping construction to put up signposts.

This is not intended as a put-down, since I think twisted is neat.

just-not-fully-documented-ly y'rs  - steve
--
Consulting, training, speaking: http://www.holdenweb.com/
Author, Python Web Programming: http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/

"This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it
intersects with useful practice."  Aahz Maruch on c.l.py