How to generate XML

Michael Chermside mcherm at destiny.com
Thu Feb 14 08:51:19 EST 2002

Mark McEahern writes:
> There seem to be two bugs in the code you posted, Michael.  For what it's
> worth, here's a fully working demo of the code with the minor bug fixes:

Thanks. That was just something I threw together between reading Dave
Kuhlman's posting and sending it in, so I didn't do the kind of testing
that I would on "real" code. Apparently my final "test run" after the
last refactoring didn't actually execute.

Of course, there are better tools out there than what I threw together
in a few minutes (Jerome's kit seemed nice). I mostly just wanted to
point out that Python's extensive introspection makes it pretty easy to
write something like this as generic code rather than having to code
boilerplate for each and every class.

-- Michael Chermside