Java vs Python ... ???

Orr, Steve sorr at rightnow.com
Fri Feb 15 11:02:17 EST 2002

What about Jython? Do you get some of the benefits of Java along with
easier, more productive Python programming?

For instance, with the Oracle Application Server (not the database) you
supposedly can have all your Java apps load balanced "for free" without
having to write load balancing code. So I was wondering the other day, since
Jython compiles to bytecode, will it run under applications servers (such as
Oracle) and enjoy the same Java features those servers provide?

I want to have my cake and eat it too!
Steve Orr, Bozeman Montana