OT again... is there an IMAP expert in the house?

Eduardo Chappa chappa at math.washington.edu
Tue Feb 5 14:56:36 EST 2002

*** Chris Gonnerman (chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net) wrote in...:

:) > :) Tried that, didn't work.  I was using Netscape 4.75 as one client,
:) > :) Outlook Express as the other, and concurrent deletion (even with
:) > :) expunges) just didn't work.  Outlook Express never seemed to
:) > :) notice Netscape doing deletions, and I couldn't get Outlook
:) > :) Express to properly expunge without closing it.
:) >
:) > Just to be sure you did that. What are the first characters of the
:) > first line of the folder that you want to share?
:)
:) Gah.  I didn't keep the files around, so I can't tell you for sure.  I
:) did look at them with vi after conversion and they definitely weren't
:) Unix mailboxes.

Did you try two different sessions in Pine?. I have donde that with Pine
several times so I know it works. At least if you succeed with one client
you could discard the server and format as the reason why you are failing.

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/