PyFT and PIL

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Feb 12 09:31:40 EST 2002

[Robert Kern]

> [...] I updated PyFT to handle that gracefully.  Because of unavailability
> of web space for some time, I had only semi-released [PyFT].  It is now
> at http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/source/PyFT-0.65.tar.gz [...]
> I have given up maintenance of PyFT since I've moved onto other things.
> Steve Alexander has offered to take it over. Of course, someone (not me)
> should write a new PyFT from scratch to wrap FreeType2.

PyFT seems to be a wonderful thing.  But the `README' file roughly says:

   `Compilation of the extension is standard.'

The only standard I know is `Distutils'.  Would someone, by any chance,
have an all ready `setup.py' for `PyFT'?  Or else, precise instructions?
In any case, I should try a little harder :-).