Catch COM events generated by a Python COM server with Visual Basic

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Feb 6 08:41:31 EST 2002

Marc ENGEL wrote:
> I am trying for more than one week to use a Python COM server I made
> inside Visual Basic. I encounter a problem with Connection Points

You could try making your event a "dispinterface", or otherwise implying
it is an IDispatch implemented event.

Also, ensure that all your objects are wrapped in a "dispatcher", so
that you can see all exceptions generated.

The only examples I know about are in the win32com test suite.
Specifically, there is a C++ and a VB test program that uses/is used by
the test suite.  However, I don't think the VB test code does exactly
what you describe.

If you like, you could modify the test code and send me patches.  Add
everything necessary so that it should work - the event interface, and
all Python support needed to generate the event.  I can then see why it
does not work (and having it in the test suite means it then always will :)

You would need to modify the test VB project
(http://www.pythonpros.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/PyWin32/com/TestSources/PyCOMVBTest/)
and the test driver (win32com\test\testvb.py)

Mark.