Building 2.2 with the Intel icc compiler

Scherer, Bill Bill.Scherer at VerizonWireless.com
Tue Feb 26 16:07:02 EST 2002

I was able to build Python2.2 with the intel compiler. I had
discussed this with an IBM compiler engineer at LinuxWorld
recently. He had doubts that it would afford any significant
speedup to running Python code.

I did some simple timing tests on a few of the test suite tests
and they confirmed said engineer's expectations. I don't have any
specifics; my initial tests showed no reason to get excited.

That said, I'm no whiz with a c compiler, and YMMV...

--
Bill.Scherer at Verizon Wireless
RHCE 807101044903581