RFC -- HYGIENIC MACROS IN PYTHON

Samuele Pedroni pedronis at bluewin.ch
Tue Feb 5 19:31:01 EST 2002

Courageous <jkraska at san.rr.com> wrote in message
tor06u0j1ce99ibgd98uflckcms89apfci at 4ax.com...

> >3. Given the absence of closure blocks
> >local vars clashes should be handled through
> >renaming (?) (issues?)
>
> If I understand you properly, I'm considering making the the
> macro call itself _generate_ what amounts to a poor man's
> closure block. I have a few implementation details for this,
> but the trick to understanding it is to understand that no
> _first class_ form needs to exist to create the block, only
> the backend facility.

Yup you don't need first class forms.

Q: are you working on modifying the C Python parser
and compiler? What do you mean by poor man's closure?

Personally having some time I always  considered to start
with a pure python import hook implementation.
Error handling is poorer but working over a vanilla
interpreter can get you more testers. And you have
more prototyping gas ;) .

regards, Samuele  Pedroni.