Performances of Pyhton programs

Mark Nenadov marknenadov at winningteam.com
Mon Feb 18 11:56:25 EST 2002

> Are there any benchmark or does anoyone know what are the performances
> of a program written in python (in terms of CPU and RAM) compared with
> other languages (especially C++ and compiled languages) ?
>    I've met many articles which explain that python programs are slowler
> because it uses the interpreter, but none says how much slower it is ! I
> would like to know this for a rather big OO program which uses standard
> fonctions of the language.
> Thanks
> --
> François Baire

You may want to check out "The Great Computer Language Shootout"
(http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/) or "An empirical comparison of
C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Rexx, and Tcl for a search/string-processing
program" (http://wwwipd.ira.uka.de/~prechelt/Biblio/jccpprtTR.ps.gz). I
found those to be interesting. They will probably have some helpful info
for you.

I hope that helps,
~Mark Nenadov