What's the current state of the "interfaces" proposal?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Feb 7 08:34:55 EST 2002

"Mike Carifio" <carifio.nospam at nospam.usys.com> wrote in message
news:gnF78.18266$zJ3.1417982 at typhoon.maine.rr.com...
> I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. Is there a
> better forum?
> I started at http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/pep-0245.html and got a
> little lost
> following some of the links. It looks like "interfaces" has been
"accepted"
> as a future
> part of python. Is that accurate? What's the time frame? Pl. advise.
Thanks.

No, it's listed in PEP 0 as "open (under consideration for 2.3)". As far as
I know there are no current patches tom implement it, so it's at least
*that* far off inclusion. I was baiting Alex Martelli, one of the PEP's real
fans, at the Conference about how he should write the patches if he likes
the PEP (unlike me, Alex *could* write the patches if he chose to and had
the time). But no result yet ;-)

regards
 Steve
--
Consulting, training, speaking: http://www.holdenweb.com/
Author, Python Web Programming: http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/

"This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it
intersects with useful practice."  Aahz Maruch on c.l.py