Jython & SAXException errors

Jim Kalafut kalafutj1 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 14:51:36 EST 2002

I'm trying jython out for the first time and am running into compilation
errors.  My solely python app make use of XML/SAX support which seems to
cause a hicup with jythonc.  An edited transcript looks something like this:
.
Creating .java files:
  _exceptions module
   SAXNotSupportedException extends xml.sax._exceptions.SAXException
   SAXNotRecognizedException extends xml.sax._exceptions.SAXException
   SAXParseException extends xml.sax._exceptions.SAXException
   SAXException extends java.lang.Exception
   SAXReaderNotAvailable extends
xml.sax._exceptions.SAXNotSupportedException
Compiling .java to .class...
  .\jpywork\xml\sax\_exceptions.java:493: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : constructor Exception  (java.lang.String,java.lang.Throwable)
location: class java.lang.Exception
            super(arg0, arg1);
            ^
.\jpywork\xml\sax\_exceptions.java:498: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : constructor Exception  (java.lang.Throwable)
location: class java.lang.Exception
            super(arg0);
            ^

I checked the Java API docs and there really is no Exception constructor
that takes those combinations of arguments, so I'm not sure why jython is
trying to call super with them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Jim