Tkinter.createfilehandler analog for Windows?

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin at crystal.mems-exchange.org
Wed Feb 27 18:17:24 EST 2002

In article <m3wux13zqb.fsf at mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de>,
   Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> Use threads. I believe using channels will lead nowhere. I assume this

Oh, well; thanks, Martin!  Changing the code to use a thread was
simple enough, but it seems to be a bit destabilizing; every few
executions Python will crash and crash hard, getting terminated by
Windows and sometimes generating an error log (which I can't actually
find).  "Now you have two problems", I guess.

--amk                                                  (www.amk.ca)
I had it in me to be the Pierce Brosnan of my generation.
    -- Vincent Me's past career plans in EGYPT #1