Simple translation from python to C++

GUYOT Hervé herve.guyot at thales-avionics.com
Tue Feb 26 07:50:47 EST 2002

Hello everybody,

I've been reading comp.lang.python for some time, and really enjoy it.
Now, I have an "easy" problem to submit (I'm using the mailing list
since I don't have write access to the newsgroup)

In our team, we've been using Python for some years now, and some of our
older code is *really* poorly written (I mean *really* :-)

About one year ago, our company choosed Rhapsody (from Ilogix) an UML
modeling tool.

And naturally, I've been asked to "model" this poorly designed code into
Rhapsody in order to try and have a better understanding of what goes
on,
an if possible, refactor it. My first step is to define the classes
(with methods and attributes declarations) and inheritance
relationships. Not difficult.

But instead of dooing it by hand, I've thought of extracting from the
python code C++ class, methods and attributes declarations, and then,
feed the retro-engeneering tool of Rhapsody with this "skeletton"
C++ code.

Has anybody already done this ? (it's not difficult, but if some one can
save me some time :-)

Thanks in advance for your answers

Sincerly

--