My own list object

MDK mdk at mdk.com
Tue Feb 5 13:46:58 EST 2002

"Martin Franklin" <martin.franklin at westgeo.com> wrote in message
news:a3p2fg$49g$1 at mail1.wg.waii.com...
> MDK wrote:
>

> > "Emile van Sebille" <emile at fenx.com> wrote in message
> > news:a3p0ss$19ob7s$1 at ID-11957.news.dfncis.de...
> >>
> >> "MDK" <mdk at mdk.com> wrote in message
> >> news:a3p01b$186eq8$1 at ID-98166.news.dfncis.de...

> >> the one

> >> and
> >> with
> >> >

> >> Call the method append and not __append__?
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> Emile van Sebille
> >> emile at fenx.com
> >
> > Yes, I figured that to be the case because it should be transparant to
the
> > caller.  However, that is not the solution.
> >
> > Thanks though.
> >

> Post some code.  perhaps the answer is obvious...
>

> for example

> ...     def __init__(self):
> ...             self.list=[]
> ...     def append(self, item):
> ...             self.list.append(item)
> [1]
> >>>

> would apear to work?

I made a file mylist.py

# mylist.py
class MyList:
    def __init__(self):
        self.list=[]
    def append(self, item):
        self.list.append(item)

>>> import mylist
>>> x = mylist()
Traceback (most recent call last):
TypeError: object of type 'module' is not call

Why is this happening?  My list object must be a class in its own,
importable file.