Webizing Python

Greg Krohn infinitystwin.SPAM at IS.BAD.yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 03:48:44 EST 2002

I don't remember any threads about this, so please forgive me if there has
been.

In Guido's "The State of the Python Union"
(http://www.python.org/doc/essays/ppt/python10/py10keynote.ppt) he mentions
webizing Python. In particular adding http:/www.python.org/python2.2 to
sys.path. I would think this would probably be P3K, but does anyone have any
info on this yet? It sounds interesting.

And seeing as I have very little information, I think it would be a good
time to start criticizing. I wonder what would happen if something occurred
at python.org like hijackers or some honest mistake or accident. I would be
putting a lot of faith in the online modules' integrity. I can be relatively
certain that a program I run right now will run the same in the morning (if
no one touches my computer, of course). This wouldn't be the case if Python
were webized. For me, at least.

greg