Help: stuck on first example!

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Mon Feb 11 19:23:03 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Pierce" <wayne at mishre.com>

> I haven't used Xitami in a while, but IIRC I had some problems with it
> when I had the first line on a Windows based system.  Try remving the
> first line and testing it.  I don't think it should matter, technically,
> since it's a comment...but it used to.  Mind you it's been about 2 years
> since I've worked with Xitami...

Assuming the OP is using Python 2.2, in a default install, this should work:

    #! c:\python22\python.exe -u

This is more or less what I have done.  Note the blank space between the
"shebang" and the path.  Note also that the leading spaces should not be
in your file.

Last, that -u is for unbuffered I/O, which may be required in some cases.
Revise the path if you are using a different version of Python.