Standalone ZODB + BTree question

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at geocities.com
Sun Feb 10 14:23:32 EST 2002

If I'm understanding the question correctly...

You need to put your BTree into the database, that is, it needs to be
made accessible from the root object set.

For example consider creating a folder class, whose items are stored in
a BTree.  Your BTree would be stored as something like F.items, and you
would put F into your folder hierarchy, and your folder hierarchy into
the root of the database:

ZODB
   root
     ['myObjects'] = Folder1
       .items[1] = Folder2
         .items[23] = Folder4
           .items[2] = someObject

Hope that helps,
Mike

Van Gale wrote:
> Can anyone point me in the right direction for using OOBtree with ZODB?
>
> I've been able to figure out FileStorage and DbmStorage easy enough from the
> docs, and I can create and use an OOBTree... I just can't seem to tie it
> into persistent storage.
>
> The BTree unittest *seem* to just be running tests on in memory btrees, so I
> haven't been able to use them as an example.
>
> --
> Van Gale
   Mike C. Fletcher
   http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/