[ANN] Papercut 0.7.2 - an usenet server written in python

Joao Prado Maia jpm at pessoal.org
Tue Feb 12 15:46:30 EST 2002

Papercut is a multi-threaded news server written in Python. Its main
objective is to integrate existing web based message board software
(Phorum [http://phorum.org] on this case) with a Usenet front-end.
However, its extensibility enables developers to write their own container
for the storage of the Usenet articles (messages). That means that the
code is extensible enough that _you_ could write new containers to
integrate the news server with other web message board projects or even
other ways to store the messages.

The source code is available freely under the BSD license, which means you
can do whatever you like with it. I do welcome any and all contributions
to the project :)

Project' Site (Not much information right now):
http://pessoal.org/papercut/index.php

There is very little documentation right now, but it is something I have
an eye on working on in the next few weeks. However, there are basic
installation procedures and such.

The server should be pretty much 100% compliant with the NNTP protocol,
that is, where the protocol made sense and was needed for the project
objective. In any case, I would love to hear comments on the project.

Cheers,
Joao Prado Maia

p.s.: I would like to thank Steve Holden and Gerson Kurz for helping me
while trying to debug some issues with this server :)

--
João Prado Maia <jpm at phpbrasil.com>
http://phpbrasil.com - php com um jeitinho brasileiro