Seeking Python book authors

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Feb 27 20:41:24 EST 2002

Susan Capparelle wrote:

> We're a publisher of high quality computer books currently seeking
> authors for a number of Python related books.  A couple of titles or
> topics would be; 'Enterprise system development with Python,'
> 'Practical Python' and 'Effective Python.'  If you can recommend
> anyone with the necessary experience and skills to undertake any of
> these books, please feel free to contact us.

Although I'm all warm and fuzzy about Python's continually
expanding domain of influence, I'm a little uncertain what
advantage more books would bring in the category of
"general Python programming".  What is it about "Practical
Python" and "Effective Python" which existing books don't
cover adequately.

And perhaps more interestingly, what is it about "practical"
Python which makes it ineffective, and what about "effective"
Python programs make them impractical?

(Posted and emailed, in case you don't read the newsgroup.)

-Peter