OT: (ambi)dexterity of Pythonistas

Jonathan Hogg jonathan at onegoodidea.com
Sun Feb 10 10:54:03 EST 2002

On 9/2/2002 23:58, in article FIi98.24853$l93.4540249 at newsb.telia.net,
"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:

> build times???  where are the pystones?
>
> (I run python programs a lot more than I compile the inter-
> preter -- and I'm sure I compile the interpreter more often
> than the average comp.lang.python reader ;-)

Actually, it was just the first large lump of code that came to hand that I
could compile up from clean and get the other two to follow suit. Neither
use Python.

We were just curious to see how fast the new 2x1GHz Macs are. My friend just
took delivery of one. Lucky bugger.

For the curious though, my iBook 600MHz seems to do about 8300 pystones/s.
I'm not sure if that's good or bad. That's with the Mac OS X framework
version of the interpreter, which is not prebound unfortunately and so takes
a dynamic linking hit.

Jonathan