Editors for Python

Daniel Klein danielk at aracnet.com
Mon Feb 25 23:35:27 EST 2002

On 25 Feb 2002 08:18:39 -0800, mtaylor at lowebroadway.com (Moray Taylor) wrote:

>Can anyone reccommend a good python editor for UNIX/linux/IRIX. I
>don't mind paying for it, but $300 for SlickEdit is a little steep.

Visual SlickEdit is not the answer either. When you view the function
headings, it doesn't show any of the 'class' statements, which makes finding
things quite confusing, if your module contains more than just a few classes,
all of which have __init__() methods, etc... I submitted this as an
enhancement request but you know how that goes. :-(

That being said, I just use IDLE. :-)

Dan