Autocoding evolves from........

Timothy Rue threeseas at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 6 23:28:35 EST 2002

On 06-Feb-02 12:48:10 Jeff Shannon <jeff at ccvcorp.com> wrote:
>Timothy Rue wrote:

>> Programming is two deminsional, not three.

>This, sadly, is where you're mistaken, Tim.  Actually, programming is often
>4-dimensional, and can sometimes even be higher-dimensional than that.  I
>routinely deal with the issues involved in a 3-dimensional database changing
>over time (giving a 4th dimension) -- and I consider myself to be a novice.
>(Actually, I think describing the database as being 3-dimensional is
>underestimating its complexity, but...)  We won't even get into how often
>programming is used to solve problems of fractal dimension...

>We understand that you want to make programming easier, so that anyone can do
>it. Almost everyone here, professional programmer or no, thinks that that is
>a great goal;  if we didn't want basic tasks to be automated and simplified,
>we'd be using C and Assembler, not Python.

>The problem you're running into, is that you've failed to convince anyone
>that
>*you* understand the real problems involved, enough to be able to solve them.
> You don't need to convince us of the benefits of autocoding; you need to
>convince us of *your* competence.  So far, you're failing miserably.

>Jeff Shannon
>Technician/Programmer
>Credit International

Since you have taken it upon yourself to be the spokes person for
programmers, I'll have to assume that all of you are so lost that you
can't tell the difference between three deminsional reality and three
deminsional data arrays in the two deminsional world of programming.

So I guess when ever you get hungry, cold and wet, you can just program
yourself up some food, clothing and shelter.

Seems to me that your two deminsional mindset has trouble comprehending
what three deminsional reality really is. With that in mind, it's not
possible for me to convince you of anything beyond your own limited
two deminsional perceptions.

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:timrue at mindspring.com      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<