Linux and Python scripts, help needed

Ron Stephens rdsteph at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 10 09:58:28 EST 2002

Hmmm, thanks for your comments. I just noticed that in my syslogs there
was an attempt to open /etc/news/inn.conf that failed. So I just went in
and chown 'ed that file to be owned by me rather than root. I don't know
if that is part of the problem. But in general, I am finding that almost
nothing I try to do with respect to running Python scripts using crontab
works at first, simply because of all the permission stuff. So I change
ownership and rights a lot. But I didn't even know that
/etc/news/inn.conf was needed, and maybe it isn't! I wonder what else is
needed but not owned or allowed by my user? How does one ever get any
real work done when unknown permission and file ownership problems lurk
under every hidden log ;-))))