XML RPC Woes

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Fri Feb 22 15:12:21 EST 2002

Mark wrote:

> That was working just fine. However, all of a sudden I have not been
> able to get it to work at all. The server just keeps on returning "500
> Internal Error" now. I have investigated my own code as well as parts
of
> the SimpleXMLRPCServer and xmlrpclib (printing out values of variables
> that may be causing problems, etc).  The XML that is being sent by XML
> RPC to the server seems to be good. Does anybody have a clue what may
be
> causing this?

1. Have you enabled logging in your XML-RPC server? What output are you
getting?

2. Are you sure that your client is connecting to the correct URL?

3. Try subclassing SimpleXMLRPCServer, like so (code not tested):

class MyServer(SimpleXMLRPCServer):

    def handle_request(self):
        request, client_address = self.get_request()
        if self.verify_request(request, client_address):
            self.process_request(request, client_address)

This will cause the server to print exceptions and stop if they are
encountered.

Cheers,
Brian