IPython 0.2.5

Terry Reedy tjreedy at home.com
Tue Feb 12 10:55:55 EST 2002

"Fernando Pérez" <fperez528 at yahoo.com> wrote
> Portability: Linux (and other unices, including Mac OSX), Windows
XP. Should
> run fine on all WinNT, and probably also on Win9x (I can't test
that).

You wrote further on your web page: "Hopefully Windows users will
quickly migrate to XP (which is actually quite good in many respects)
and we'll bury Win95 and children were they should have been buried
years ago."

Don't hold your breath.  XP is a greater resource hog than ME is a
greather resource hog than W98 is a greater resource hog than W95, so
many (most?) users can't upgrade, even if they would want to pony up
the upgrade fee and run the risk (in some cases, certainty) of
disabling a hardware system and set of software than currently work.
(XP does NOT run everything that runs under Wxx.)

That said, I may download and see what happens on my Win98 system.

Terry J. Reedy