threading.py -> winthreading.c : Some results

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Thu Jan 3 00:22:45 EST 2002

[Jason Orendorff]
> It seems there's no demand for this right now.

Ya, but people don't know what they need until after you give it to them and
later take it away.  Nobody *asked* for Stackless Python either, not to
mention tabnanny.py <wink>.  For that matter, Guido personally rammed Python
down an uninterested world's constricted throat.

> ut I'd like to submit what I have, so that in any case it can be
> kept in reserve against the chance that someone will someday need it.
> How should I do this...?

Upload a patch to SourceForge.  Then it won't get lost, it's with all the
other contributed ideas that may actually go somwhere, and interested
parties can (and will) play with it.