Rue the day...

Rony rony.steelandt at bucodi.com
Tue Jan 29 11:51:54 EST 2002

"Chris Gonnerman" <chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net> wrote in message news:<mailman.1012274265.29834.python-list at python.org>...
> Guys, I know we have the reputation as the nicest bunch of nerds on
> the 'Net, but Rue is consuming more of our time and bandwidth than spam.
> Despite his comments to the contrary, no one on this list gives him
> any credence.

Yes it's true that there is a nice bunch here. BUT what keeps me
amazing here, is  :

1. How you keep defending the Python language over and over again.
Don't understand me wrong, Python is a VERY good language and we are
using it for years now, like a lot of you. But each time some guy asks
here a question like 'Should i use Python of Perl' or 'Python or C for
a real world application' evrybody here starts here to defend Python.
IMHO this is useless, since allready the question is stupid... The
language you want to choose depends on a lot of items and not only
wether you have to use brackets of indents to structure code block, or
to have to declare variables or not. Even the developmentspeed issues
like you see here often depends on a lot of things, we have as an
example 2 C goeroes in house that develop at the speed of other python
applications, only the applications will be different and THAT is the
reason that some application is written in C and others in Python...
So if someone asks if he should use Python , the only real answer
could be 'Have a look at it, try it and decide... you're a big boy'.

2. How you keep answerring the same questions over and over again.
Style 'WIch IDE to use to develop with python' or worse 'Does python
have a compiler'. If you think this is just a small part of the
question here, take google and do a search on IDE or compiler on this
group.

But it's true you are a great bunch here .

Rony