CGI POST Method...

Sheila King usenet at thinkspot.net
Sun Jan 20 02:02:45 EST 2002

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 22:15:01 -0800, Sheila King <usenet at thinkspot.net>
wrote in comp.lang.python in article <a2cr56.3vvaf2t.1 at kserver.org>:

> Is there a way I can send data to my form, with POST Method, so that I
> don't have to create hidden input fields in my form?
>
> I have a form, with input fields, and of course this data is stored in the
> cgi Storage object, but I want to send additional data that cannot be seen
> by the visitor to the web page to the form, using Post method.

OK, never mind...I found the answer to my question (finally).

>From Programming Python, 2nd ed. by Mark Lutz, page 725:

"""In general, there are a variety of ways to pass or retain state
information between CGI script executions:

* Hardcoded URL parameters in dynamically generated hyperlinks and embedded
in web pages (...)
* Hidden form input fields that are attached to form data and embedded in
web pages, but not displayed on web pages
* HTTP "cookies" that are stored on the client machine and transferred
between client and server in HTTP message headers
* General server-side data stores that include databases, persistent object
shelves, flat files, and so on."""

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/