O'Reilly book production (was Re: Wine applicability)

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Jan 2 06:43:51 EST 2002

"A. Keyton Weissinger" <keyton at weissinger.org> wrote in message
> I've written two books for O'Reilly, one of which has two editions out.
The
> Word template works very well for me. Now FrameMaker, their production
> application sucks, but fortunately you rarely have to deal with that.

Gasp! FrameMaker sucks??!!?? It's a while since I used it, but I used to
know it well -- I was the first UK reseller for the package, and sold it to
many corporates for their long document requirements. When I think of the
trouble Word has given me over the years I simply don't understand how
anyone writing a book could prefer Word to FrameMaker. This after just
having written a book with Word, and having watched it go through the
production processes. Shudder.

one-man's-meat-ly y'rs -  steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/