jython - how to call command.com?

Syver Enstad syver-en+usenet at online.no
Sun Jan 27 07:13:19 EST 2002

Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> writes:
> You could design (and implement directly, with JNI on the Java side
> and appropriate platform-depended system-side calls on the other,
> in C) objects of roughly equivalent functionality for Java use (and,
> implicitly and automatically, Jython use as well).  Maybe such objects
>
> already exist somewhere, I wouldn't know.

They do, jacob and jawin are two such implementations. The edges are a
little rough at the moment but they seem to be under pretty active
development.

Jawin:
http://staff.develop.com/halloway/code/jawin.html

Jacob
http://danadler.com/jacob/

See also
http://staff.develop.com/halloway/JavaWin32.html
for a list of products that offer interoperability

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad