Problems in win32all-141.exe with wxPython 2.3.2

Gary Bishop gb at cs.unc.edu
Wed Jan 2 10:40:25 EST 2002

When I use win32all-141.exe with Python2.2 on Win2k I get undefined
references to build._safeQQQ from genpy.py. I see a function
_safeQuotedString in build that might be the correct target for this
call. If I change _safeQQQ to _safeQuotedString it appears to work. Is
this what was intended?

Once I have made this change it mostly appears to work but embeding IE
in a wxPython window no longer works. You can see the problem by running
the ActiveXWrapper_IE demo that comes with the wxPython package. On my
system it dies fairly soon after startup. If I comment out the methods
that the IE com uses to do callbacks then it will work.

Thanks for any help,
gb