Nobody knows? But why?

A printers at sendme.cz
Tue Jan 29 08:57:15 EST 2002

Hi,
For already some time I am trying to use
modules, HTTPLIB or URLLIB to get a page through proxy but so
far I have not been successfull
I also browsed Python group but the samples given there did not
work.
Can anybody give me a WORKING example how I can grab a web
page through proxy?
I tried this example
########################
#######################

import httplib
h = httplib.HTTP('209.242.141.249:8080') #proxy

h.putrequest('GET', 'http://www.autoplzen.info/index.php')

h.putheader('Accept', 'text/html')
h.putheader('Accept', 'text/plain')

#h.putrequest('Proxy-Connection', 'Keep-Alive') # it does not work,
#so  I commented

#h.putrequest('Host', 'www.autoplzen.info')  the same,otherwise I
#receive File "C:\PYTHON21\lib\httplib.py", line 430, in putrequest
#  raise CannotSendRequest()

h.endheaders()
errcode, errmsg, headers = h.getreply()
print errcode # Should be 200

The above example works as if there were no proxy because in
web server log there is not  IP of Proxy but mine.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Ladislav