[Mac OSX] Import curses error

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin at ute.mems-exchange.org
Mon Jan 28 12:20:07 EST 2002

In article <B87B2021.3BAB%jonathan at onegoodidea.com>, Jonathan Hogg wrote:
> On 28/1/2002 14:47, in article uy9ii34yi.fsf at python.net, "Michael Hudson"
><mwh at python.net> wrote:
>
>> MacOS X (apparently, I have no first hand knowledge of this) comes
>> with an unbelievably ancient version of the curses library.

> Hmmm. Slightly unfair. Mac OS X, as a BSD system, comes with the BSD curses
> library.

... which was declared to be no longer maintained back in 1995, thus
seeming to meet the criterion for 'unbelievably ancient' fairly well.
However it looks like future OS X releases will be using ncurses --
see http://www.opensource.apple.com/bugs/X/Libraries/2219086.html --
at which point setup.py will need to be tweaked again.

--amk                                                  (www.amk.ca)
Fold back the omega configuration.
    -- The Doctor, in "Logopolis"