Porting Pythin to embedded platform

Frederic Rudman frudman at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 2 18:21:43 EST 2002

I'm new to python. I'm looking for a small portable language to quickly port
to a small-memory based embedded system.

1) Does anyone know where to best get info on that?
2) What's the general footprint of Python in an embedded system (ballpark)
3) Is there a "parser phase" output to python (so that I only need to port
the interpreter to the embedded base: no interactivity needed there anyway)
and if so, what's the general footprint of the interpreter? Or do I need to
port the parser as well?
4) What level of ANSI C api do I need for a port: all of it, the memallocs
only, something in between?

Any other pointers for porting python to a non-linux, non-intel platforms
would be appreciated.

BTW: I'm not sure if this is the right group for these questions but it's
the only group I found on my ISP (if there's a better suited group, please
let me know, and sorry for the inconvenience).

Sincerely,
Frederic Rudman