A Python IDE idea - looking for input

{-- Rot13 - Hateme ungrzr2 at ubatxbat.pbz
Thu Jan 3 21:52:36 EST 2002

"Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote in
news:615Z7.66809$a56.41934 at atlpnn01.usenetserver.com:

>> The language I would think of using for such a project would be c++
>> with wxWindows.
>>
> Erm, wouldn't Python be a faster alternative? Once the initial
> implementation was complete you could optimise the really slow bits
> (if there were any) in C or C++.

I really hate this step. Why cannot python be faster?
I choose python because it is easier to program with.
Now if I want to write a good program, I have
to use 2 languages which is not easier anymore.

Interpreter can be made to run fast. Why python cannot?
Asking people to optimize with C is just an lame excuse.

Of couse, python is free (as beer and freedem), so
it is natural there are no people want to work on
a faster python at this moment. Still the C excuse sucks.