port doubling (or...)?

maximilianscherr MaximilianScherr at T-Online.de
Mon Jan 21 17:48:51 EST 2002

> can you run the server on a diffrent port? you could filter
incomming
> requests on your server running on the original port and just pass
along
> the ones you not interested in to the original server.
> this could also be done with two machines, without changing ports.

the uo client / server stuff works like this:
specify:
server: ip(s, yes ips,just checked), some port , mine: 5003
client: server ip, sertver port.

what can i do with this?,

i'm a bit overloaded with socket programming:( just gave it up with
my other app, i use the telnetlib now to get the information(yes,
very weak:().

> python is usualy the right choice for anything....

i expected that:)